Skip to main content

Forever Odd by Dean Koontz



I finished the second book in Dean Koontz's Odd series a few days ago and all I can say is that I felt it was wanting. I'm not kidding. The super villain somehow felt superficial to me. And sometimes the references to last book's events and how he lost Stormy was a bit too overdone that I felt exasperated enough to roll my eyes and sigh. Nevertheless, I still love Odd. He is still cute to me, this seer of the lingering dead. And his love for a friend is also quite endearing that at times I found myself muttering to nobody in particular if I could have permission to kiss him. Haha. Yes, I talk to myself. So sue me.

I think the main complaint I have regarding this book is that Datura didn't feel like a worthy adversary for Odd. The descriptions of her sounded ominously evil in print but I just can't reconcile "Datura in print" to the "Datura that should have been" in my head.  In my opinion, she was just simply a wacko... and a boring one at that. Sorry, Mr. Koontz. But finishing the book has made me want to read the next one. So I guess it's still all good. :D Odd is now inside a monastery and I can't wait to finish it. I just hope the Procrastinator bug doesn't bite me real soon and I'd end up stuck with it for weeks. Hehe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Dark Horse by Marcus Sedgwick

If you're one of my cyber friends, you'd think I barely read these days because of the lack of book posts I've done lately. But actually, I'm still at it... at a much slower pace, albeit. But I'm still at it. I'm just so overwhelmed with other stuff that I barely have time to write for fun, which I think is quite sad. Downright depressing sometimes, I tell you! Anyways, the last book I've finished--that I could still remember--is The Dark Horse by Marcus Sedgwick. I've had this book for years. You see, I collect books I think I want to read and just dump them in boxes whenever my bed becomes too crowded and start to smell like an old library. So I have tons of books I've had for years but never really read. Lately though, I've been rummaging inside the aforementioned boxes because people have been asking to borrow some of my books. And the nerd in me gets excited when I get to convince people to read... so rummaged the boxes, I did. And in ...

Pardonnez-moi

It has never been much of a secret to people, or to myself, that I can be quite brutal when stating facts. Sometimes, I'm just too impatient to find ways to skirt around hurtful words and just bluntly say things that pop into my head. In short, I'm usually tactless. Other times, I'm just plain careless. But contrary to what most people probably think of me, I don't like nudging people's sensibilities. I don't like stepping on other people's toes either. And this might be a hard concept to grasp, but some people do know how to make up their own minds... and stand by them--come hell or high water. And I am one of them. I don't know why?! But with every set of friends I make, this concept seems to be quite hard for them to swallow. Why?! I just want to dodge those seemingly inescapable monikers "bitch" or "ice queen" for a change. Is that so hard to comprehend?! Yes, I know. Some people find it irresistible to goad me because I'm a p...

Funny Day

This surprised me when I pressed "home" on my net browser.  Strange, but cute. ^_^ Grazie, Google! I guess? And no, I still don't celebrate it. Haha!