Skip to main content

Moi, the Wannabe Traveler



Being a citizen of a third world country is all kinds of inconvenient, especially if you want to be a seasoned traveler. Why? Not only do you need to be super rich if you want to travel out of the country, you'd also need to have connections. And not just any connections, they would have to be powerful ones at that.  Well, at least we have ASEAN, right? Which is why the only places I could visit for now are those that belong to the ASEAN. And I can only travel if I was lucky enough to get bargain plane tickets. All right, enough with the ranting. I'm gonna thank the heavens now. I'm gonna thank the heavens that I was lucky enough to have a very beautiful and great friend who just couldn't wait to help me be the adventuress that I want to be. (She and her new hubby are going to welcome us to their home so we'd be saving some moolah for accommodations. She's incredible, right?!) And I'm gonna thank the heavens that Joan and I were lucky enough to get relatively cheap plane tickets for the said adventure. Yes, Singapore, I cannot wait to get my first glimpse of you from the plane window this coming March. Just you wait for me, I'll be roaming your streets like a native pretty soon. :D  The camera on my neck wouldn't count towards negating that, right?  Hehehe.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Dark Horse by Marcus Sedgwick

If you're one of my cyber friends, you'd think I barely read these days because of the lack of book posts I've done lately. But actually, I'm still at it... at a much slower pace, albeit. But I'm still at it. I'm just so overwhelmed with other stuff that I barely have time to write for fun, which I think is quite sad. Downright depressing sometimes, I tell you! Anyways, the last book I've finished--that I could still remember--is The Dark Horse by Marcus Sedgwick. I've had this book for years. You see, I collect books I think I want to read and just dump them in boxes whenever my bed becomes too crowded and start to smell like an old library. So I have tons of books I've had for years but never really read. Lately though, I've been rummaging inside the aforementioned boxes because people have been asking to borrow some of my books. And the nerd in me gets excited when I get to convince people to read... so rummaged the boxes, I did. And in ...

Pardonnez-moi

It has never been much of a secret to people, or to myself, that I can be quite brutal when stating facts. Sometimes, I'm just too impatient to find ways to skirt around hurtful words and just bluntly say things that pop into my head. In short, I'm usually tactless. Other times, I'm just plain careless. But contrary to what most people probably think of me, I don't like nudging people's sensibilities. I don't like stepping on other people's toes either. And this might be a hard concept to grasp, but some people do know how to make up their own minds... and stand by them--come hell or high water. And I am one of them. I don't know why?! But with every set of friends I make, this concept seems to be quite hard for them to swallow. Why?! I just want to dodge those seemingly inescapable monikers "bitch" or "ice queen" for a change. Is that so hard to comprehend?! Yes, I know. Some people find it irresistible to goad me because I'm a p...

Funny Day

This surprised me when I pressed "home" on my net browser.  Strange, but cute. ^_^ Grazie, Google! I guess? And no, I still don't celebrate it. Haha!