Skip to main content

Singaporeans bare their soles...


for a great cause, that is. :P


I just spent a beautiful, albeit disgustingly early, Saturday morning with Peachy, Kiko, Joan, and (it seemed) a huge chunk of the local population in Singapore walking barefoot for charity. Yup, you read that right. I have my own goody-two-shoes tendencies, apparently. We trod pavement, cement, newly-paved (and painfully prickly) road, icky wet grass, rubber mats, and wet wooden bridges. Halfway through the 2km walk, my soles got sore and a bit swollen. But save the exclamations of pity. It was all very bearable... or so I kept telling myself. The path I hated the most was the wet grass. Images of all sorts of creepy crawlies hiding under the leaf blades kept flashing through my head when we were passing through it. Haha. Me and my overactive imagination. I swear, if I could just eloquently put to paper all the nastily twisted and weird things that go on in my head most days, I'd be like the second coming of Stephen King or something. Unfortunately, I am so easily distracted and usually devoid of focus. Well, there goes the fame and fortune down the drain. :D Anyway, there we were--being the masochists that we are sometimes--at Gardens by the Bay East, voluntarily taking off our respective comfy footwears and subsequently walking for two kilometers barefoot for Habitat for Humanity. Frankly, I didn't mind the walk--or going barefoot--because I have personally witnessed the good that this charitable institution has done for people in third world countries like the Philippines (where I'll be going home to in a couple of days). So I was more than glad to participate, so to speak. I just did not, and will never ever like, the icky wet grass... that left some equally icky stains on my soles--which are slightly still there, by the way. Hehe. 

On the whole, the activity was surprisingly fun and the beautiful morning was well spent.

*Below are some pixies I took  from the event*








 c",)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Dark Horse by Marcus Sedgwick

If you're one of my cyber friends, you'd think I barely read these days because of the lack of book posts I've done lately. But actually, I'm still at it... at a much slower pace, albeit. But I'm still at it. I'm just so overwhelmed with other stuff that I barely have time to write for fun, which I think is quite sad. Downright depressing sometimes, I tell you! Anyways, the last book I've finished--that I could still remember--is The Dark Horse by Marcus Sedgwick. I've had this book for years. You see, I collect books I think I want to read and just dump them in boxes whenever my bed becomes too crowded and start to smell like an old library. So I have tons of books I've had for years but never really read. Lately though, I've been rummaging inside the aforementioned boxes because people have been asking to borrow some of my books. And the nerd in me gets excited when I get to convince people to read... so rummaged the boxes, I did. And in ...

Pardonnez-moi

It has never been much of a secret to people, or to myself, that I can be quite brutal when stating facts. Sometimes, I'm just too impatient to find ways to skirt around hurtful words and just bluntly say things that pop into my head. In short, I'm usually tactless. Other times, I'm just plain careless. But contrary to what most people probably think of me, I don't like nudging people's sensibilities. I don't like stepping on other people's toes either. And this might be a hard concept to grasp, but some people do know how to make up their own minds... and stand by them--come hell or high water. And I am one of them. I don't know why?! But with every set of friends I make, this concept seems to be quite hard for them to swallow. Why?! I just want to dodge those seemingly inescapable monikers "bitch" or "ice queen" for a change. Is that so hard to comprehend?! Yes, I know. Some people find it irresistible to goad me because I'm a p...

Funny Day

This surprised me when I pressed "home" on my net browser.  Strange, but cute. ^_^ Grazie, Google! I guess? And no, I still don't celebrate it. Haha!