Skip to main content

A day of being the Proverbial Tourist in the Merlion City

I recently went rummaging through my ginormous photo library and I discovered this bunch of pictures I took from my last Singapore visit. All right, originally I went there for serious reasons but when I got this final sinking feeling that it wouldn't pan out, I just let go and decided to have fun on my last days there. Joan was with me all the way. She already went sightseeing in this beautiful city before and so she happily escorted me around. And that day, we went to the stereotypical tourist destination in SG; Sentosa Island. :P

To be fair, the place is not boring. I actually had a surprisingly good day... that day. (Haha. I just ran out of vocabulary there.) Anyhoo... so there we were, Joan and I, playing tourists and taking tons of photos, as tourists are wont to do. And here I am now, blogging about it... to commemorate the day, so to speak.

On our way to the island... 



Our first stop... Universal Studios. But we couldn't go inside because I found the ticket ridiculously expensive. Yes, yes, that means I was broke. I still am actually. Haha.








So I just whipped out the other lens and played at being a temp paparazzi. 

Yes, that is her. Joan and I were so excited to spy someone famous from home that we know. I got nervous for a bit that she might get angry if she saw me snapping pictures but apparently, she didn't notice me at all. I just might make a passable paparazzi after all. Haha.


 After the brief paparazzi stint, Joan and I wandered around the shops...






then I spied this and shrieked... and scared the living daylights out of Joan. Hehe. This is probably the closest I could get to experiencing authentic French haute cuisine. :D


  

Next, we went to gawk at the giant Merlion.





Last stop was the beach. Frankly speaking, it wasn't that bad... but I like White Sands, Moalboal better. The facilities there were nice though, especially the free rides. :D






Thank you, Joan, for persuading me to swallow the "cringes" and just give in to being painfully clichéd for once and have fun like the stereotypical tourist.

The day was humid, the sun was painful on the skin, and the glare was annoying the shutterbug in me but despite all that, I certainly had great fun. 

Then a few days later, we flew back home. :-(

Hope to see you again in the future, lovely Singapore.   c",)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Dark Horse by Marcus Sedgwick

If you're one of my cyber friends, you'd think I barely read these days because of the lack of book posts I've done lately. But actually, I'm still at it... at a much slower pace, albeit. But I'm still at it. I'm just so overwhelmed with other stuff that I barely have time to write for fun, which I think is quite sad. Downright depressing sometimes, I tell you! Anyways, the last book I've finished--that I could still remember--is The Dark Horse by Marcus Sedgwick. I've had this book for years. You see, I collect books I think I want to read and just dump them in boxes whenever my bed becomes too crowded and start to smell like an old library. So I have tons of books I've had for years but never really read. Lately though, I've been rummaging inside the aforementioned boxes because people have been asking to borrow some of my books. And the nerd in me gets excited when I get to convince people to read... so rummaged the boxes, I did. And in ...

Pardonnez-moi

It has never been much of a secret to people, or to myself, that I can be quite brutal when stating facts. Sometimes, I'm just too impatient to find ways to skirt around hurtful words and just bluntly say things that pop into my head. In short, I'm usually tactless. Other times, I'm just plain careless. But contrary to what most people probably think of me, I don't like nudging people's sensibilities. I don't like stepping on other people's toes either. And this might be a hard concept to grasp, but some people do know how to make up their own minds... and stand by them--come hell or high water. And I am one of them. I don't know why?! But with every set of friends I make, this concept seems to be quite hard for them to swallow. Why?! I just want to dodge those seemingly inescapable monikers "bitch" or "ice queen" for a change. Is that so hard to comprehend?! Yes, I know. Some people find it irresistible to goad me because I'm a p...

Funny Day

This surprised me when I pressed "home" on my net browser.  Strange, but cute. ^_^ Grazie, Google! I guess? And no, I still don't celebrate it. Haha!