Skip to main content

Hello, old friend! :D

It has been half a year already since I had regular office days and spent regular office hours. But I don't really miss the life that much. All right, I admit. I miss the monotony of regular office hours, but not the office... or the bosses. Definitely not the bosses. :P Although, I've got to also admit... I miss some of the dear people I was fortunate enough to discover there. You guys know who you are. :D But aside from those teeny tidbits, I'm happy to be working for someone I like (not to mention, respect)... for a change. I keep my own hours. I can quit anytime I want. Most importantly, I do NOT have to pay the darn taxes. Hehe.

However, when I woke up at 2pm today and rummaged through the kitchen while I made my own lunch, I discovered an old office friend I didn't know I missed until I spied her inside our plastic cupboard. (I know! It borders on a run-on. Ignore it. :P) I almost forgot I brought her home with me that last day.



She was a faithful one. I called her "Cherry" (because she has a bunch of cherries painted near the handle... predictable, I know) and I sure did miss her. I missed having large doses of caffeine in a single mix. Obviously, I love coffee in "soup bowlesque" cups. :P

Spying her, and getting reacquainted surely made my day.

c",)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Dark Horse by Marcus Sedgwick

If you're one of my cyber friends, you'd think I barely read these days because of the lack of book posts I've done lately. But actually, I'm still at it... at a much slower pace, albeit. But I'm still at it. I'm just so overwhelmed with other stuff that I barely have time to write for fun, which I think is quite sad. Downright depressing sometimes, I tell you! Anyways, the last book I've finished--that I could still remember--is The Dark Horse by Marcus Sedgwick. I've had this book for years. You see, I collect books I think I want to read and just dump them in boxes whenever my bed becomes too crowded and start to smell like an old library. So I have tons of books I've had for years but never really read. Lately though, I've been rummaging inside the aforementioned boxes because people have been asking to borrow some of my books. And the nerd in me gets excited when I get to convince people to read... so rummaged the boxes, I did. And in ...

Pardonnez-moi

It has never been much of a secret to people, or to myself, that I can be quite brutal when stating facts. Sometimes, I'm just too impatient to find ways to skirt around hurtful words and just bluntly say things that pop into my head. In short, I'm usually tactless. Other times, I'm just plain careless. But contrary to what most people probably think of me, I don't like nudging people's sensibilities. I don't like stepping on other people's toes either. And this might be a hard concept to grasp, but some people do know how to make up their own minds... and stand by them--come hell or high water. And I am one of them. I don't know why?! But with every set of friends I make, this concept seems to be quite hard for them to swallow. Why?! I just want to dodge those seemingly inescapable monikers "bitch" or "ice queen" for a change. Is that so hard to comprehend?! Yes, I know. Some people find it irresistible to goad me because I'm a p...

Funny Day

This surprised me when I pressed "home" on my net browser.  Strange, but cute. ^_^ Grazie, Google! I guess? And no, I still don't celebrate it. Haha!