Skip to main content

To new friends and new adventures

I have not been very visible anywhere on cyberspace lately. I could give the typical excuse of being busy but I would be lying if I did. The truth is... I just didn't feel like writing anything. Oh yes, I wrote articles for work. But that's another thing altogether. Different motivations, different results. Or maybe I was just simply being lazy... I think that's the most likely reason. I'm not really very eager to delve into it right now. :P


Well, here I am now... trying to squeeze out something coherent from this lately seemingly airy head I have on my shoulders. I guess I'm still on that cliched "adjustment period" and so pardon me for the confusing prose.


Anyway, I now have a new job. Yay! I just celebrated my "month-sary" last October 20. I can't say I have fully adjusted, I doubt I ever will. I was never the sociable type, so having to always be nice and friendly to strangers is a huge challenge for me. Not to mention, most of these "strangers" are quite newbies to the English language. I have a suspicion I will forever feel out of place. But then I've always prided myself for my so-called "courage of spirit". So don't worry, I will not be flying the white flag anytime soon... I think. Hehehe.


By the way, out of all the upheavals I've had the past few months, I've gained some nice things, too. Well, it's always nice to gain new pals. And these pretty ladies certainly fall into that category. 


Sassy Kate

Station Neighbor Miss Ellen


Fellow newbies Kate and Jay-Ann

Miss Jocel

Pretty Misses Kate, May, Pie, and Rachelle

Mata ne! :D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Dark Horse by Marcus Sedgwick

If you're one of my cyber friends, you'd think I barely read these days because of the lack of book posts I've done lately. But actually, I'm still at it... at a much slower pace, albeit. But I'm still at it. I'm just so overwhelmed with other stuff that I barely have time to write for fun, which I think is quite sad. Downright depressing sometimes, I tell you! Anyways, the last book I've finished--that I could still remember--is The Dark Horse by Marcus Sedgwick. I've had this book for years. You see, I collect books I think I want to read and just dump them in boxes whenever my bed becomes too crowded and start to smell like an old library. So I have tons of books I've had for years but never really read. Lately though, I've been rummaging inside the aforementioned boxes because people have been asking to borrow some of my books. And the nerd in me gets excited when I get to convince people to read... so rummaged the boxes, I did. And in ...

Pardonnez-moi

It has never been much of a secret to people, or to myself, that I can be quite brutal when stating facts. Sometimes, I'm just too impatient to find ways to skirt around hurtful words and just bluntly say things that pop into my head. In short, I'm usually tactless. Other times, I'm just plain careless. But contrary to what most people probably think of me, I don't like nudging people's sensibilities. I don't like stepping on other people's toes either. And this might be a hard concept to grasp, but some people do know how to make up their own minds... and stand by them--come hell or high water. And I am one of them. I don't know why?! But with every set of friends I make, this concept seems to be quite hard for them to swallow. Why?! I just want to dodge those seemingly inescapable monikers "bitch" or "ice queen" for a change. Is that so hard to comprehend?! Yes, I know. Some people find it irresistible to goad me because I'm a p...

The Real Deal about Truth and Freedom

For the past few weeks, I have been fortunate enough to stick to the routine of reading a verse from the Bible every morning and reflecting on its message. It has been wonderfully enlightening, to say the least.  Last Wednesday, this was the verse that greeted me when I opened my Bible app...  If the son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.   ~ John 8:36  To say that I was stunned is an understatement... but then, I shouldn't have been. Ever since I can remember, whenever I'm struggling with some ethical or moral dilemma, I always get an epiphany of the answer. In my youthful pride, I thought "Wow, I'm brilliant." Not knowing it was not actually me but God who was guiding me to the answers. It took me a while to realize this and thankfully when I became an adult, I did. This time was one of them. You see, I was struggling. Four months and still counting, my father and I have been forced to endure each other's company for weeks on end. Outsid...