Skip to main content

Pardonnez-moi

It has never been much of a secret to people, or to myself, that I can be quite brutal when stating facts. Sometimes, I'm just too impatient to find ways to skirt around hurtful words and just bluntly say things that pop into my head. In short, I'm usually tactless. Other times, I'm just plain careless. But contrary to what most people probably think of me, I don't like nudging people's sensibilities. I don't like stepping on other people's toes either. And this might be a hard concept to grasp, but some people do know how to make up their own minds... and stand by them--come hell or high water. And I am one of them. I don't know why?! But with every set of friends I make, this concept seems to be quite hard for them to swallow. Why?! I just want to dodge those seemingly inescapable monikers "bitch" or "ice queen" for a change. Is that so hard to comprehend?! Yes, I know. Some people find it irresistible to goad me because I'm a pretty reactive person. I blow up at the slightest provocation. I could understand that. But can people just please stop forcing my hand that I end up hurting others? It's quite heavy on the soul, you know?! So please, at least, spare me sometimes... from your seemingly well-meaning but really annoying misconceptions of "happiness".

For the umpteenth time, I am not a sad sad person. You might think that in order for me to be truly happy, I have to be with "someone". But I have never thought that. I've never thought there was something lacking in my life... not even when I was a couch potato and "broke-r" than that street person you just saw this morning rummaging the garbage bin for food. Call me shallow... but the minutest thing could make my day. Darn, even just a cup of cheap and awful-tasting coffee can make my day (especially if I haven't had coffee for a couple of days)... even a single piece of pink yarn that made me remember of a bootie I once knitted for a friend's baby could make me smile... even sneezing non-stop after discovering some dusty old books from a long forgotten friend could lift the dark clouds around my head... even a pixie of an ice cream I shared with a good friend once could make me grin for an entire week! Call me shallow, I just find it easy to be happy most of the time. And you may not find me literally jumping up and down for joy every day... but believe me when I tell you that "Melancholia" has never gripped my heart for long... because I have a lot in my life to be thankful for already... and I recognize and celebrate them in my heart every single day.

To make things short, I know what makes me happy better than anyone else does. So please don't presume to know me better than I know myself. (How else should I put it that would convince people to leave me alone in that area? I have no idea!)

Now I'm afraid I may have hurt someone. I really didn't mean to. I just felt I had to... or I would've hurt him more in the long run. 

So don't worry about my "lack" of happiness, dear friend. Worry about yours. Maybe you're just thinking I'm unhappy because you don't realize that it's actually your life you're looking at... and not mine. Not angry. Just offering some food for thought, 's all.

I'm rambling.

Pardon.

I should just tell myself to breathe... grin... and bear it. *sigh*

Comments

  1. To quote UK govt's propaganda in WWII, "Keep calm and carry on." Our definition of happiness need not conform to others' standards.

    Unless one finds joy in killing or something illegal---> this needs serious help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amor! ^_^

      Was just bothered and unable to sleep until I was able to rant. :D

      How's your family, especially your little one? She's soooo pretty oi.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Real Deal about Truth and Freedom

For the past few weeks, I have been fortunate enough to stick to the routine of reading a verse from the Bible every morning and reflecting on its message. It has been wonderfully enlightening, to say the least.  Last Wednesday, this was the verse that greeted me when I opened my Bible app...  If the son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.   ~ John 8:36  To say that I was stunned is an understatement... but then, I shouldn't have been. Ever since I can remember, whenever I'm struggling with some ethical or moral dilemma, I always get an epiphany of the answer. In my youthful pride, I thought "Wow, I'm brilliant." Not knowing it was not actually me but God who was guiding me to the answers. It took me a while to realize this and thankfully when I became an adult, I did. This time was one of them. You see, I was struggling. Four months and still counting, my father and I have been forced to endure each other's company for weeks on end. Outsid

A blessed month... this one we call January

Many of my friends and some of my family were born this month. I do not exactly know if they were born on gloomy or sunlit days. But I do know this, my world has been made more beautiful because they were. More specifically, four of my most favorite people in the world were January babies. *Bella Dona* (10th) She is one of the wisest and kindest people I know. She has both been a staunch supporter and chastiser in my world. She transforms into one or the other from time to time, whichever I need the most at that time. And she is among the first to turn 31 in our batch this year. Hehehe! But never you mind, Don. 31 is just a number. What matters is that your heart is in the right place. Right? Right! :D *Lovely Lola Natang* (25th) She was my first ally ever since I came out and greeted the world with my annoying baby cries. She was the one who first took care of me when my Mama immediately went back to work after my natal day. And she was always the first to enthusiasticall

Another Food Blog

Yes, I'm writing for another food blog; only this time I'm getting paid for it. Great gig, right? So for my friends out there, please check the said food blog... that is if you have any time to spare. (Click on the title or the cute pink cupcake.) And no, I'm not forcing anyone to read this. That would be beyond arrogance. Even I know I'm no expert on writing in general. But since the lady boss is happy about the articles, I'm pretty content about the whole thing... despite doubts. (And yes I'm aware of the contradictions in those statements. Moving on!) Hehehe.