Skip to main content

Knitted Fingerless Gloves

Just created my first ever knitting design -- cable-stitched fingerless gloves! Yay!

Here's the short of it... I just resigned from my latest regular office job and am currently catching up on all the hobbies I've sorely missed when I was still frantic with ridiculously impossible quotas and tear-inducing deadlines.

So, here I am... going back to my knitting, crocheting, reading, and telly-watching -- not to mention my blogging. Finished 5 books, caught up on my TV shows, and found all my crafting tools from my poorly organized box... just last month. Have also been able to get my lappie fixed and got most of my personal errands done... except for a couple or so. Not bad eh? But the thing I'm most proud of accomplishing lately is that I finally got to create my own knitting pattern design... something that actually required more than plain straight lines. Hehe.

Et voila!




Got the idea from a friend who was suffering from an over-enthusiastic air conditioning appliance at the office. Took a whack at it and found the perfect measurements on my second try! I was giddily excited when I saw that it fit my hand that I actually screamed... and jumped up and down as best I could while still sitting on my bed, mind you. Haha. Right now, I have a couple or so of orders from former co-workers... so I'm working on those.

But will certainly try to post the pattern later. *crossing fingers* ^_^

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Real Deal about Truth and Freedom

For the past few weeks, I have been fortunate enough to stick to the routine of reading a verse from the Bible every morning and reflecting on its message. It has been wonderfully enlightening, to say the least.  Last Wednesday, this was the verse that greeted me when I opened my Bible app...  If the son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.   ~ John 8:36  To say that I was stunned is an understatement... but then, I shouldn't have been. Ever since I can remember, whenever I'm struggling with some ethical or moral dilemma, I always get an epiphany of the answer. In my youthful pride, I thought "Wow, I'm brilliant." Not knowing it was not actually me but God who was guiding me to the answers. It took me a while to realize this and thankfully when I became an adult, I did. This time was one of them. You see, I was struggling. Four months and still counting, my father and I have been forced to endure each other's company for weeks on end. Outsid

A blessed month... this one we call January

Many of my friends and some of my family were born this month. I do not exactly know if they were born on gloomy or sunlit days. But I do know this, my world has been made more beautiful because they were. More specifically, four of my most favorite people in the world were January babies. *Bella Dona* (10th) She is one of the wisest and kindest people I know. She has both been a staunch supporter and chastiser in my world. She transforms into one or the other from time to time, whichever I need the most at that time. And she is among the first to turn 31 in our batch this year. Hehehe! But never you mind, Don. 31 is just a number. What matters is that your heart is in the right place. Right? Right! :D *Lovely Lola Natang* (25th) She was my first ally ever since I came out and greeted the world with my annoying baby cries. She was the one who first took care of me when my Mama immediately went back to work after my natal day. And she was always the first to enthusiasticall

Funny Day

This surprised me when I pressed "home" on my net browser.  Strange, but cute. ^_^ Grazie, Google! I guess? And no, I still don't celebrate it. Haha!