Skip to main content

from Lovely Snorah Jones to Lady Day to Ol' Blue Eyes

Music is my life!
Hahaha!
Seriously though, I've always been a great fan of music. I grew up listening to the Golden Oldies, The Beatles(because I think they're a genre all their own :P), New Wave, and even Gospel songs. I can't remember ever letting a day end without sparing some part of it listening to some music. I believe it's actually embedded in my genetic makeup... or something of the sort(I would like to think so). As I grew older, I discovered new genres and new musicians but the bliss I get from it is still the same. Music to my ears and heart is as delicious and satisfying as vanilla ice cream is on my tongue and tummy. Now, one of my fave artists is about to release a new album next month... and I just can't wait to hear her new material. And as if the news is not enough of a teaser, I just found this new music video that made me remember why I love Ms. Norah Jones.


Then, she made me remember the following greats singing "All of Me". :P





I just love both of these versions... Lady Day with her soulful notes and Ol' Blue Eyes with his fun version.

Sing with me now! Never mind if you're off-key. ^_^

♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫
All of me
Why not take all of me
Can't you see
I'm no good without you
Take my lips
I want to lose them
Take my arms
I'll never use them
Your goodbye left me with eyes that cry
How can I go on dear, without you
You took the part that once was my heart
So why not take all of me
♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ ♪ ♫ 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Real Deal about Truth and Freedom

For the past few weeks, I have been fortunate enough to stick to the routine of reading a verse from the Bible every morning and reflecting on its message. It has been wonderfully enlightening, to say the least.  Last Wednesday, this was the verse that greeted me when I opened my Bible app...  If the son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.   ~ John 8:36  To say that I was stunned is an understatement... but then, I shouldn't have been. Ever since I can remember, whenever I'm struggling with some ethical or moral dilemma, I always get an epiphany of the answer. In my youthful pride, I thought "Wow, I'm brilliant." Not knowing it was not actually me but God who was guiding me to the answers. It took me a while to realize this and thankfully when I became an adult, I did. This time was one of them. You see, I was struggling. Four months and still counting, my father and I have been forced to endure each other's company for weeks on end. Outsid

A blessed month... this one we call January

Many of my friends and some of my family were born this month. I do not exactly know if they were born on gloomy or sunlit days. But I do know this, my world has been made more beautiful because they were. More specifically, four of my most favorite people in the world were January babies. *Bella Dona* (10th) She is one of the wisest and kindest people I know. She has both been a staunch supporter and chastiser in my world. She transforms into one or the other from time to time, whichever I need the most at that time. And she is among the first to turn 31 in our batch this year. Hehehe! But never you mind, Don. 31 is just a number. What matters is that your heart is in the right place. Right? Right! :D *Lovely Lola Natang* (25th) She was my first ally ever since I came out and greeted the world with my annoying baby cries. She was the one who first took care of me when my Mama immediately went back to work after my natal day. And she was always the first to enthusiasticall

Another Food Blog

Yes, I'm writing for another food blog; only this time I'm getting paid for it. Great gig, right? So for my friends out there, please check the said food blog... that is if you have any time to spare. (Click on the title or the cute pink cupcake.) And no, I'm not forcing anyone to read this. That would be beyond arrogance. Even I know I'm no expert on writing in general. But since the lady boss is happy about the articles, I'm pretty content about the whole thing... despite doubts. (And yes I'm aware of the contradictions in those statements. Moving on!) Hehehe.